Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tuesday September 16

Tonight was exciting. I took some photos of my friends Grace and Zane. For this shoot I decided to use some equipment from school now that it was available. I checked out a high megapixel camera as well as a light kit. The light kit couldn't compare to my makeshift one. The kit allowed for really awesome shadows. The shoots go like the previous ones, I set a backdrop up in the garage and have my friends hop to it. I decided that I like my white backdrop more than the black one so I feel I will leave it at that. Grace and Zane did a great job. I dont really give too much direction just because I want to see what kind of emotions they can come up with on their own, rather than me trying to tell them how to feel. My aim with the book is to get other people feeling what its like to be constricted or different. If I gave too much direction, it would kind of defeat the purpose. I let them do whatever they want, and I let Grace do her hair and makeup however she wanted. I asked her though to plan it accordingly to the idea of the shoot. My friends know what the book is about, so I dont have to tell them much about it for them to get into character. Heres a couple of pictures.

No comments: